Quilting Friends are the Best


At our quilting bee Christmas lunch last month my wonderful friends presented me with a quilt that they had made for me in Bud's memory.  I was overwhelmed with gratitude that these dear friends would make me such a wonderful gift. 

They met together secretly planning, shopping, and sewing my quilt with every thought of pattern, fabric, color, backing be just perfect.  The final touch was Rosemary's special machine quilting.

The pattern appropriately called Crosses, was sewn with fabric in the dark colors that I like and even the label, which is so special, brought tears to my eyes.  I know Bud was looking down on us and smiling.

My quilt brings me so much comfort and has a permanent home on the back of my sofa but most afternoons and evenings, you will find me cuddled up and tightly hugging this beautiful quilt. I love it, love it, love it.

QUILTING FRIENDS ARE THE BEST

Hugs and stitches
Betty Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment