Quilt Shop Exploration

A couple weeks ago I ventured out and found myself in a couple of quilt shops for the first  time in a long, long time.

My first shop was Suddenly Sewing, a small local shop close to home and always a good place if you ran out of thread or needed just one more fabric for your current project.

Suddenly Sewing was having a pre-inventory sale and I was able to take advantage of the 20% off discount on pre-cuts.  When in doubt and get that feeling that I just have to buy fabric, I usually turn to pre-cuts.  Rather than buy some of their old inventory which I am sure they hoped customers would scoop up, I found some current pre-cuts on sale. I scored  a Litttle Ruby jelly roll by Bonnie and Camille and a Hop, Skip, and Jump charm pack by American Jane.  One charm pack is not much to work with but I can always make a small baby quilt with the addition of a neutral.

My next stop was a new shop, Must Love Fabric, and let me tell you they do.  You can feel their enthusiasm the minute you walk through the door.  Everywhere you see a colorful array of bright prints and quilts. Won't find any muted reproduction fabrics here as they have defined their style with gusto.  A great place to pick up all those happy children's fabrics, novelty and modern fabrics.  I walked out with a fat quarter stack of Caravan by Kate Spain.

It's about time I get to that sewing machine and quit buying fabric, hope to do that this week.

Hugs and stitches
BettyLou










No comments:

Post a Comment