Playing With My Fabric



It's been busy around her the past two days, cutting fabric, making baby quilt kits, and sewing a quilt top.  Yesterday morning I got out a bunch of old stash that could be used for baby quilts.  When I say old, I mean old, most of this fabric I brought with me from N. California eleven years ago and it had already aged significantly when it came to Texas. My plan was to cut baby quilt kits, well that was the plan but then I found a baby quilt top that was about half completed so I fired up the Bernina and got it sewn together.  I need to make six little quilts for great-grands, this little quilt will be four tops completed, two more and I'll send them to the quilter for a quick finish.

It's a fun little quilt made with one charm pack, I used American Jane, Hop, Skip, and Jump and some Bella Ivory to complete.  It goes together quickly with only one charm pack and a solid.  A sweet quilt and you can find the free pattern here.

Today it was back to my original plan and I put six quilt kits together.  I love having a small project ready to sew or to take to quilt bee when we have a sew day.  Best of all, some of the old stash will be put to good use. Hooray!

Hugs and stitches
Betty Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment