Project Linus Day at Must Love Fabric


Yesterday Cynthia and I joined in the fun at Must Love Fabric, my favorite quilt shop, for their monthly Project Linus Sew Day.  A day when women armed with their sewing machine come and sew the day away making tops for Project Linus quilts.  The quilt tops are then packaged with batting, backing, and binding for others to take home and finish.


I didn't know what to expect and was I surprised to find that things were so organized and prepared for us to get right down to sewing.  Bins of pre-cut 5", 8", and 10" squares were all neatly cut and ready for our choosing.  You could make whatever you wanted.  Just sew squares together or design your own.  Most were using the 8" squares, sewn 4 across and 5 down, plus two borders.  Cynthia chose to make an I Spy which turned out so cute.



The lady sitting next to me was a speed sewer and I was amazed at how quickly she could finish a quilt top, each one just as cute as can be.  I left at 1pm and she was on her fourth top, me the slow quilter, finished one.

I plan on going next month, who knows maybe I'll get two tops sewn.  WooHoo.

Hugs and stitches
Betty Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment