It's Not a Quilt Until It's Quilted



"It's not a quilt until it's quilted," that's what my long time quilter friend, Faye, would tell me.  She would say "a quilt top does not make a quilt" and when she said quilted, she meant hand quilted.


When we lived in the mountains of Northern California I belonged to a wonderful group of long time quilters called "Wednesday Thimple and Therapy." When we moved there I did not know how to hand quilt and was eager to learn.  At the weekly meetings I would try to sit by one of the expert quilters and watch while they worked on their latest project, they taught me so much just by watching the easy rhythm of their hands as they worked their magic with needle and thread.



Getting back to my little quilt top, I just had to take a picture of my Villa Rosa Brides Dream quilt, made with a collection of Boho Fusion fabrics.  Now to finish and make it a real quilt.

Until next time---

I promise I did do a better pressing job and took a picture but I couldn't get it to download----------darn technology!


Hugs and stitches
Betty Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment