Fresh Flowers on the Table

                            
          

I have been following  On Sutton Place for some time on Facebook but just recently realized there was so much more that Ann had to offer on her blog.  A wonderful blog about an empty nester in Ohio and how she took on the full time project of redecorating her house along with wonderful tips and how-to projects and of course a glimpse into her family recipe book.

Last week Ann posted about arranging hydrangeas in a couple of different styles, one in a blue glass Ball canning jar.  With a date to host my quilt bee this coming Thursday and the tired arrangement on my kitchen table needed to be tossed, I decided to give this a try.  Mind you, flower arranging has always been a foreign art to me.

The hydrangeas at Kroger looked a little spindly but I took the plunge and bought six stems, brought them home and put them in water, then we had to go pick up my car at the Buick garage.  When I arrived back home my poor flowers were so wilted I didn't think they would ever survive and mumbled "that's $7.50 wasted."  Quickly I went and reread the post and I had missed something, Ann had a secret on how to keep hydrangeas fresh.  Success!

Here is my attempt right down to the vintage Ball blue canning jar.
You can find On Sutton Place here

Hugs and stitches
Betty Lou




No comments:

Post a Comment