Sharing the Joy



The other day I was unpacking from the trip and putting some things back in my closet when I spotted something peeking out on a shelf.  Almost completely hidden from view was fabric that I had taken from the church sewing closet to make market bags for Sharing The Joy.  Sharing the Joy is an annual event put on by the Keller United Methodist Women with proceeds going to missions..  I had completely forgotten about this and Sharing the Joy is early November.  Better get busy.

I wanted something basic and easy to construct.  The patterns I researched on the internet are all much the same but the dimensions are different.

I tried three different patterns-----you know how it goes, the first one was too big, the second too small, and the third one just right.  Sounds familiar doesn't it, like I'm reading the story of "The Three Bears."  In the end I liked using a cut 18" x 18" piece for front and back and a 4" or 5" cut strap, depending on the thickness of the fabric.

 Finished are nine bags for Sharing the Joy.

I've been rather haphazard about using my recycle bags when shopping and more times than not I have forgotten and left them in the trunk of the car.  Possibly, if I I make some new matching market bags I'll be more apt to use them.  After all, they might just as well be pretty as useful. As with many things, it s just a matter of getting into the habit of always having your recycle bags with you and maybe keeping your bags on the front seat instead of the trunk.

Freeing the world of plastic litter one bag at a time.

Hugs and stitches

No comments:

Post a Comment